This easy banana bread recipe makes a moist and fluffy banana bread that the whole family will just love. Cut into pieces and place into individual zip lock bags to freeze for school lunches or bake in a mini loaf tin. I normally double the recipe and make 2 loaves at the same time to freeze. You can add chia seeds to the recipe for a nice crunch to your finished bread.
(Makes 10 servings in an 11cm x 21cm loaf tin)
- 1 ¾ cups (265g) self-raising flour
- ¼ cup (40g) plain flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup (140g) firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) skim milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 50g butter, melted and cooled
- 2 overripe medium bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 180°c and grease your loaf tin with spray oil or butter. Line the bottom of the tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Sift the flours and cinnamon into a bowl. Mix in brown sugar and make a well in the centre. In a separate bowl, mix in the egg, milk, banana and melted butter together.
- Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Pour mixture into the prepared loaf tin.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until you can insert a skewer and it comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes before taking out of the tin and leave to cool on a wire rack before cutting.
Mini banana bread made in the mini loaf tin.