These Chocolate Banana Pops with Sprinkles only take a few minutes to make and are easy enough for the kids to make. While I was in Bangkok, Thailand recently, I discovered these frozen chocolate-covered bananas while shopping at the Chatuchak markets. I returned home and the very next day, I made my version for the kids. I admit they don’t look half as good, and they are half the size, but they are a hit in our household. If you don’t want to use chocolate, you can just roll the bananas in the sprinkles and freeze them.
Chocolate Banana Pops with Sprinkles
- bananas, peeled and cut in half
- 1 cup chocolate melts
- paper straws, cut in half
- Push the straws gently into the tip of each banana and place the bananas in the freezer to chill for 10 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate melts in the microwave for 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Remove the bananas from the freezer.
- Carefully spoon the melted chocolate over the bananas and coat with the sprinkles straight away.
- Place the bananas back in the freezer for a few hours to freeze.
- Serve frozen, straight from the freezer.