These brownies are dense, moist and have a hint of banana, which makes them perfect for you brownies lovers! Make sure you make a batch or 2 while bananas are so incredibly cheap.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate melts (I use Cadbury)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup banana, mashed (3-4 bananas)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
cream cheese icing
- 250 grams cream cheese, room temperature
- 100 grams butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Melt the butter in a small pot over a medium heat. Once melted, add the chocolate and stir until melted. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, banana, salt and vanilla.
- Add melted chocolate and flour. Mix until combined.
- Pour into the lined baking tray and bake for around 35 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean.
- Do not overcook! Remove from the oven when they are still slightly sticky, or you will have dry brownies.
- Once cooled, mix all icing ingredients until light and fluffy.
- Using a knife or spatula, ice the top of the brownies and slice into pieces. Add sliced fresh banana to the top before serving.