I had to give this “Bunny Bait” a go after finding it on Pinterest. With a name change and using different ingredients, you have my Bunny Tail Popcorn Mix. This is such an easy recipe to make with the little ones, as it requires no baking or cooking.
All the ingredients are available from Coles, including the packet popcorn, but you could always make your own. I love that this recipe can be customised to fit with any holiday or season. You can mix this recipe up by adding pretzels, smarties, mini eggs, fruit loops or Oreos.
Bunny Tail Popcorn Mix
by Oh So Busy Mum
- 5 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup white chocolate melts
- 1/2 cup choc minis (I only used pink, blue, yellow & purple)
- 3 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
- 3 tablespoons mini marshmallows
- pink food dye (for the leftover chocolate to drizzle)
- Place cooked popcorn in a large bowl. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave for around 60 seconds, stopping halfway to stir.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the cooked popcorn – set aside 2 tablespoons of melted chocolate to colour and drizzle at the end. Mix it until all the popcorn is covered.
- Pour the popcorn out on a lined tray and sprinkle with the toppings.
- Mix few drops of pink food colouring into the leftover 2 tablespoons of melted chocolate and, using a spoon, drizzle it over the popcorn.
- Allow popcorn to set for a half hour and store in an airtight container.